Sunday, April 13, 2008

Journey to the city

Tying the frame to the trailer.

Heading south on I-35

Pulling into the site

Mounting the plexiglas- Overall the installation was very smooth. We had to re-drill a few holes on one of the sides (probably the side we fitted during the late night session a few days ago). Thanks to our friend Jeff and Allison's boyfriend and Officer Steve- we had the strength to get everything in place without too much stress.


We left the site about 1:00am. It was hard to leave the cube, I almosted wanted to camp in it. We came very close to a disaster when the portable toilet delivery truck came within a couple inches of smashing the corner of the cube. Sean, Jackie, Jeff and I were all inside the cube peeling the protective paper off the interior when their tail lights appeared about a foot and a half from Sean's head. It was at this moment that we discovered that I could open the trap door and get out of the cube in a very very short amount of time (and that I was willing to risk getting my legs run over to save a sheet of plexiglas.) Other than that incident the set up was smoother than I had anticipated.
I did have a nightmare that we arrived on site Saturday morning and the cube was tossed in the grass in the form of bent up metal and shattered plexiglas. In my fitfull sleep someone had tried to steal the cube and then ditched on the side of the road. By the time we arrived back in the morning Meredith had recovered it, but it did not look good. I guess I had a little latent stress that needed an outlet.
Here's a clipping for the Austin Chronicle Arts Section from 4.11.08

No comments: